- Turn off computers, monitors and lights at the end of the day.
- Turn off audiovisual equipment in training and conference rooms, as well as classrooms, when not in use.
- Set up computers to power down when not in use.
- Unplug mobile phone chargers anytime that you are not using them.
- Reduce the number of electrical devices at your desk or work station or in your classroom.
- Clear space in front of air duct supply and return grills to ensure that heating and air conditioning equipment isn't obstructed.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
CCPS Going Greener
Great news on the Chesterfield County Public Schools front. Last week, Superintendent Marcus Newsome, Ed. D. issued a memo to all CCPS employees encouraging them to decrease their energy usage by taking the following steps: